Photography is all about feeling the moment and being able to capture it. In this post, we have gathered 27 most awesome photography quotes. Enjoy!
1. “Photography is the story I fail to put into words.” – Destin Sparks
A landscape photographer, based in Queensland, Australia.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." – Walt Disney Managed to catch this stunning golden light at the 12 Apostles along the Great Ocean Road. Hands up if you've been here before? Photo 'Bisou Doré', The Twelve Apostles, @GreatOceanRoad, @visitvictoria @australia with @ninie_linh #landscape #pano #panoramic #panorama #australia #picoftheday #travel #earthfocus #photographer #photographylovers #nofilter #nophotoshop #ressourcemag #natgeo #relax #bestoftheday #amazing #sunset #igtravel #travelgram #travel #beautifuldestination #nature #ilovemelbourne #12apostles #fujifilm #filmcamera #velvia #thetwelveapostles #greatoceanroad #instatravel
2. “Taking an image, freezing a moment, reveals how rich reality truly is.” – Anonymous
3. “Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever… It remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.” – Aaron Siskind
An American photographer widely considered to be closely involved with the abstract expressionist movement.
4. “Photography for me is not looking, it’s feeling. If you can’t feel what you’re looking at, then you’re never going to get others to feel anything when they look at your pictures.” – Don McCullin
A British photojournalist, particularly recognized for his war photography.
5. “The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.” – Dorothea Lange
An American documentary photographer and photojournalist.
6. “It’s one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it’s another thing to make a portrait of who they are.” – Paul Caponigro
An American photographer from Boston, Massachusetts.
7. “The whole point of taking pictures is so that you don’t have to explain things with words.” – Elliott Erwitt
An American advertising and documentary photographer.
8. “Essentially what photography is is life lit up.” – Sam Abell
An American photographer known for his frequent publication of photographs in National Geographic.
9. “I don’t trust words. I trust pictures.” – Gilles Peress
A French photographer and a member of Magnum Photos.
For the first time, you can buy a Gilles Peress image in the Magnum Square Print Sale! Peress' print is available until Friday, signed by the photographer. Link in bio. "On a cold morning, his belly full of an Irish breakfast of eggs and bacon, sprinkled with milk-diluted sweet tea, Gilles took a bus and took a picture – Belfast City Centre.” © #GillesPeress/#MagnumPhotos #MAGNUMSQUARE #MagnumPhotos70 #blackandwhitephotography
10. “Photograph: a picture painted by the sun without instruction in art.” – Ambrose Bierce
An American Civil War soldier and writer.
11.“When people ask me what equipment I use – I tell them my eyes.” – Anonymous
12. “A good photograph is knowing where to stand.” – Ansel Adams
A photographer and environmentalist.
13. “A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know.” – Diane Arbus
An American photographer noted for photographs of marginalized people whose normality was perceived by the general populace as ugly or surreal.
14. “A good photograph is one that communicates a fact, touches the heart and leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective.” – Irving Penn
An American photographer known for his fashion photography, portraits, and still lives.
15. “Photography is truth.” – Jean-Luc Godard
A French-Swiss film director, screenwriter and film critic.
16. “I love the people I photograph. I mean, they’re my friends. I’ve never met most of them or I don’t know them at all, yet through my images I live with them.” – Bruce Gilden
A street photographer.
17. “I like to photograph anyone before they know what their best angles are.” – Ellen Von Unwerth
A photographer and director, specializing in erotic femininity.
18. “Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.” – Peter Adams
A New Zealand-born Australian actor.
19. “Only photograph what you love.” – Tim Walker
A British fashion photographer, who regularly shoots for Vogue
20. “When I photograph, what I’m really doing is seeking answers to things.” – Wynn Bullock
An American photographer.
21. “Once photography enters your bloodstream, it is like a disease.” – Anonymous
22. “Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow.” – Imogen Cunningham
An American photographer known for her photography of botanicals, nudes, and industry.
23. “Wherever there is light, one can photograph.” – Alfred Stieglitz
An American photographer internationally recognized as being a pioneer of modern photography.
24. “The camera makes you forget you’re there. It’s not like you are hiding but you forget, you are just looking so much.” – Annie Leibovitz
An American portrait photographer.
25. “Photography is a love affair with life.” – Burk Uzzle
An American documentary photographer.
26. “I am not interested in shooting new things – I am interested to see things new.” – Ernst Haas
A photojournalist who was one of the first photographers to use color in his work.
27. “My job as a portrait photographer is to seduce, amuse and entertain.” – Helmut Newton
A fashion photographer.